Sunday 10 June 2012

Procrastination is my middle name

So here's the thing, I am smack bam in the middle of sitting my A2's exams as we speak, and this is no exaggeration, I took my Performing Arts A-Level a week ago, and my Psychology exam is tomorrow.. morning. Nonetheless, when it comes to procrastination I am the queen of it, if there was a chance to take an A-Level in procrastination, I'd A* it and be heading off to Oxford University to study it in September. Unfortunately this is just not the case..

Whilst boring myself to death with all this dire revision recently, I've been thinking, what do I really want to get out of my life (can you tell I'm swaying more to a lifestyle blog now). Now I'm not going down the suicidal road here.. I'm thinking more, do I want to change the way I present myself to people? What do I actually want to succeed at and whether I should start spending my income on more sensible purchases rather than make-up..

So here's the plan - A fresh start, a new beginning, and I'm determined to make this work. I feel as if I'm stuck in this delay, between childhood and adulthood, and with uni approaching (if this procrastination doesn't stop me from going) I feel its time to step up on that new level of maturity and take control of my life.
I've made a list, things I want to achieve, places I want to go and things I want to do, it's exciting and if I can complete it then that would make it even better.

I'm not going to post 'the list' but I'm going to do a different post on each part of 'the list'. They're going to start of as small changes and challenges and gradually increase till I feel like there's nothing more I can do.
I don't know how long it's going to take, it may still be going on after I've graduated and been in a job for 5 years, but I'm definitely kick starting this new start to life as of today.

Lots of love x

No comments:

Post a Comment