Sunday 29 January 2012

Ecotools


 I've always loved brushes, there's a certain addictive quality about them which makes me purchase a new load every few months. I've used MAC mainly, but have also been very lucky to get my hands on some Chanel brushes as well as owning a few Japonesque brushes. However it came to that time where I wanted to purchase some new brushes and had been eyeing up some Sigma brushes especially the flat top Kabuki F80 brush,
as well as wanting to get my hands on some of the Real Techniques brushes designed by UK professional makeup artist Samantha Chapman. However recently there has been a complete shortage of dollar, but my craving was still standing and it needed to be dealt with.

So last weekend I decided to purchase a collection of 'Ecotools' brushes from Boots as I have heard great reviews about them being the best 'drugstore' brushes out there. I have to say I compeltely agree with that statement.
The set I got was called the Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set and included.. - £15.99
- Blush Brush
- Eye Shading Brush
- Angled Eyeliner Brush
- Concealer Brush
- Lash and Brow Groomer
I also purchased the Bamboo Powder Brush on top of that - £9.99

I can positively say I absolutely love this little set, the powder brush is so soft, it reminds me of the Chanel's powder brush which is very impressive. The only fault I have about the set is the angled eyeliner brush just doesnt work with my Urban Decay NAKED palette which I live off as it doesnt want to pick up much of the shadow itself, which is a pain especially when im using 'Creep' for a dark eyeliner line on the top of the eye.
What's also great about this cute little set is the fact it is so light and can be carried around really easily, also with their slogan being 'earth-friendly beauty' and studying Geography at Uni I think these brushes are highly appropriate!

Sophie x

6 comments:

  1. wow they look great:)! Will need to check them out:)
    lovely post!

    love,x
    http://elliebeaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to get some new brushes xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes definitely do they're fab! thanks lovely :)

    you should try ecotools they work so well for me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love eco tools brushes and use them everyday!
    I bought their £15 kit a few months ago and couldnt live without it!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! £16 for a brush set that's great!

    I'm a new follower. If you like what you read on mine, I would love it if you followed me back.

    Louise x
    http://louises-little-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only heard good things about ecotools brushes, I may have to invest in them!

    They seem so cheap so really good value for money too! :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete